Teaching & Tutoring Experience
A teacher for over 30 years, I specialise in A Level History and Government & Politics, and History GCSE, and led a large Humanities Faculty in a large comprehensive school where our A level History students reached the top 1% nationally for Value Added.
I am an examination Team Leader in History for AQA and IB, and am on the AQA National Examining Team for GCSE Humanities, for which I have also co-authored a successful textbook. I have also won the Commonwealth Institute Teachers Prize for original curriculum resource.
Developing online pedagogy, studying History and Spanish culture.
- Bishop Wordsworth School, Salisbury
- BA in History, University of York
- MA in History, University of Western Ontario
- Postgraduate Certificate in Spanish Culture, University of Madrid
- PGCE in History and Spanish, University of York
- Enhanced DBS